Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19
The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result government and provincial health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of large groups of people.
Protégé Dance Company has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Protégé Dance Company cannot guarantee that you or your child(ren) will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Protégé Dance Company could increase your risk and your child(ren)’s risk of contracting COVID-19.
As a registered participant of Protégé Dance Company, I understand that:
- The novel coronavirus causes the disease known as COVID-19.
- The novel coronavirus has a long incubation period during which the carriers of the virus may not show the symptoms and may still be contagious.
- Physical distancing of 6 feet may not always be possible while at Protégé Dance Company.
- I must sanitize my hands before and after entering Protégé Dance Company.
- I must make all attempts to cover my mouth and nose in the event of coughing and/or sneezing and then immediately sterilize my hands.
- I will minimize the touching of common surface areas.
- I must disclose to Protégé Dance Company if I present with any of the following symptoms of COVID-19, and understand that I will be denied entry into the premises:
- Fever 38C, or 100F, chills or body aches
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath / Difficulty breathing
- Flu-like symptoms
- Runny Nose
- Loss of smell or taste
I will immediately notify the Protégé Dance Company if I contract the virus.