General Studio Information
Our office administrator is available to help answer and direct your questions or concerns accordingly. All payments are also to be made through the administrator on site. All information is kept confidential.
Protégé Dance Company composes a Monthly Newsletter (October – June) to help families keep up-to-date with events, payments and gentle reminders. This Newsletter is emailed to all registered families on the 1st of the month from October – June, and is posted on our studio bulletin board and office.
Note: If you are not receiving our Monthly Newsletters, please visit our office immediately to verify that your email address has been input correctly into our system.
- Students will be required to come prepared in their dance attire (with dance shoes in a dance bag).
- Students will be required to either: wait outside with a face mask on or wait in the car.
- Students will be escorted into the premises by a Protégé Dance Company faculty member and must enter with a face mask on.
- Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children in our Mini Munchkins and Wee-Acrobats classes (as long as the maximum of 50 people total is not exceeded in the premises of Protégé Dance Company). No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
- Parents are to be prompt when picking up students at end times, as students will not be permitted to wait indoors.
- Anyone entering Protégé Dance Company must wear a mask.
- Anyone entering and exiting Protégé Dance Company premises will be required to use hand sanitizer (it will be provided).
- There will be no idling in the common areas. Once class time is over, students are to leave the premises.
- Kitchen/Change-room areas are presently closed.
- Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children in our Mini Munchkins (3-4yrs) and Wee Acrobats (3-4yrs) classes (as long as the maximum of 50 people total is not exceeded in the premises of Protégé Dance Company). No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
Studios A, B & C:
- In each studio, we have created social-distancing boxes: 6' x 6' boxes with 2' space in between to comply with social-distancing regulations.
- All students must come dressed, hair in a bun/off the face, ready for class.
- Students will require a dance bag: for their dance shoes, a water bottle, yoga block (acro and stretch) and to put their outside clothing in. This bag will remain with students as change rooms are currently closed.
- No snacks/eating permitted in the studio/premises.
At this time, Miss Lori (Administrator) will be taking appointments only.
Please refrain from sharing and/or posting any photography or videotaping of our students, classes or choreography without prior permission from Protégé Dance Company.
Monthly Class Videos:
To keep parents involved in their child's progress, this 2020/21 dance season, our faculty will provide monthly class videos (ie: 30 seconds/class), showcasing technique, skills and/or combos taught and learned by the students in the class. Videos will be posted on our Youtube channel and will be posted as "unlisted", which requires a private URL link to access. Miss Christine will email your child's class private URL link, as videos are uploaded. Videos will be uploaded at the end of the month. The first set of videos will be posted at the end of October.
*Please refrain from sharing the private URL link.
Articles of Clothing:
Please label all dance apparel (Mabel's Labels Fundraising), including: shoes, bodysuits, tights, shorts, etc. with your child’s full name. A tote bag keeps belongings together and is portable. A cover-up should be worn to and from the studio. Dance shoes are to be worn indoors only. Protégé Dance Company is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please leave all valuables at home.
Gently Used Shoes & Bodysuits:
If you have gently used dance shoes/bodysuits that your child has outgrown and would like to sell, (as per our studio uniform), simply tie the pair of shoes together and/or package your bodysuit including a label with a) your first and last name b) contact phone number and c) price you would like to sell your shoes/bodysuit for. CASH ONLY. Protégé is happy to offer this service… please DO NOT place articles of clothing that DO NOT comply with our studio uniform. Any articles of clothing that do not comply with our studio uniform will be removed. Please place your item(s) in a clear zip-lock bag.