Protégé Dance Company is proud to be affiliated with the organization: "DANCE SAFE: Ontario Dance and Performing Arts Schools Workplace Guidelines for COVID-19" and will adhere to government guidelines and protocols to ensure the health and safety of all our dancers, staff and families.
We will practice social distancing, wear face masks, disinfect barres, floors, acro mats and any other surfaces the dancers might touch between every class. We will use a government-approved disinfectant, Vital Oxide, throughout the studios to ensure that our dancers, faculty and staff are kept safe.
Vital Oxide 7 Solutions and Kill List Info Sheet
In addition, we have implemented 15-minute breaks throughout our 2020/2021 Recreational and Competitive Schedule, to disinfect the facility (specifically studios A, B & C) between student cohorts and are using an industrial fogger (with the government-approved solution: Vital Oxide) to disinfect the rooms and acro mats.
Face Mask Protocol
Based on government guidelines and protocols, anyone entering the studio common areas (ie: office, lobby, change-room, kitchen and/or storage area), will be required to wear a face mask. Durham’s Medical Officer of Health Dr. Robert Kyle issued the instructions to ensure the mandatory use of non-medical masks or face coverings in public, indoor spaces. Face masks or face coverings will be mandatory for everyone, except those with health, respiratory and sensory issues; and various disabilities. Exemptions will also be made for people unable to remove the mask without help and children under the age of two.
Presently, under the guidance of Durham Public Health:
- Students & Teachers - as long as social-distancing measures are being adhered to, it is not mandatory for students/teachers to wear a face mask during indoor physical activity/class instruction/exertion. However, once class instruction is over and students/teachers are moving out of the studio into the common areas, it is mandatory.
Protégé Dance Company will be implementing social-distancing measures during class instruction (ie: social-distancing squares). If we are unable to maintain socially- distanced during a particular exercise (ie: across the floor), then masks will be mandated for that specific exercise. Our lobby/change-room/kitchen area will remain closed until further notice. Presently, we will operate on a drop-off/pick-up system for all classes (5yrs & up). Only one parent/child is permitted in the lobby for our Mini Munchkins/Wee-Acrobats (3-4yrs) classes. These measures are subject to change based on government guidelines and protocols.
Should any parents prefer their child(ren) to wear a mask during class instruction, we will honour and support your decision to do so.
What You Can Expect this 2020 FALL due to COVID-19:
- We will mandate that all students be dropped-off and picked-up only.
- Students will be required to come prepared in their dance attire (with dance shoes in a dance bag).
- Students will be required to either: wait outside with a face mask on or wait in the car.
- Students will be escorted into the premises by a Protégé Dance Company faculty member and must enter with a face mask on.
- Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children in our Mini Munchkins and Wee-Acrobats classes (as long as the maximum of 50 people total is not exceeded in the premises of Protégé Dance Company). No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
- Parents are to be prompt when picking up students at end times, as students will not be permitted to wait indoors.
- Anyone entering Protégé Dance Company must wear a mask.
- Anyone entering and exiting Protégé Dance Company premises will be required to use hand sanitizer (it will be provided).
- There will be no idling in the common areas. Once class time is over, students are to leave the premises.
- Kitchen/Change-room area presently closed.
- Only one parent will be permitted into the studio for children in our Mini Munchkins (3-4yrs) and WeeAcrobat (3-4yrs) classes (as long as the maximum of 50 people total is not exceeded in the premises of Protégé Dance Company). No other parents or family members (including siblings) will be allowed into the studio.
STUDIOS A, B & C
- In each studio, we have created social-distancing boxes: 6' x 6' boxes with 2' space in between to comply with social-distancing regulations.
- All students must come dressed, hair in a bun/off the face, ready for class.
- Students will require a dance bag: for their dance shoes, a water bottle, yoga block (acro and stretch) and to put their outside clothing in. This bag will remain with students as change rooms are currently closed.
- No snacks/eating permitted in the studio/premises.
- At this time, Miss Lori (Administrator) will be taking appointments only.
- All parent/guardians will need to sign/agree to a COVID-19 waiver/release form.
- If a child or anyone in the household is unwell, the child is not permitted to attend class.
- Class sizes are limited depending on the size of the room/studio/social-distancing squares.
- We will implement any other safety protocols required by the government and/or the health unit as deemed fit.
- Fever (temperature of 37.8°C or greater)
- New or worsening cough
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Changes to sense of taste or smell
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Runny nose, or nasal congestion (not caused by seasonal allergies)
Thank you for your cooperation!
We cannot do this without you. Protégé Dance Company is taking every measure possible to keep our dancers, faculty, and families healthy and safe. Children who are not feeling well or have fever are asked to stay home. Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.